Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Plan

I never knew what my plan is college was going to be. I just knew I needed to go to college to succeed in life, just as my dad had told me hundreds of times before. My senior year of highschool, I was playing sports, making decent grades, and had no idea what college I wanted to attend. I knew I wanted to play football in college so I started searching there. Many colleges were looking at me to play sports. I had Memphis State for basketball, but that school was to far away. Then New Mexico wanted me to play football for them, but they didn't offer me any scholarships and I have to pay for school myself. I was starting to lose hope thinking I could just go to UofH and be a full time student. Thats when Texas Lutheran University sent me a letter wanting me to play football. I went online looked at the school and decided to give them a call. They offered me a complete half scholarship, which was so much more inexpensive then any other school. On top of that, the school was only a couple hours away from home and I could see my friends often. I decided to give the school a shot, it was close, in expensive, small, and I got the chance to play sports.  Next  came the decision on which major to pick and pretty much what I wanted to do for a job. I had been working at a hospital in the lunch room, and had gotten to know some of the doctors and staff pretty well. I told them I was headed to a college and John one of the physical therapists at the hospital told me I should try Kineisiology. He said it was a broad field to go into and that it was an easy major to try out. I thought I would give it a shot, the worst that would happen is I would change majors. When I got to Texas Lutheran I figured out that I was really good at Anatomy and Physiology. My teacher pulled me after class and asked me what I wanted to do later for a job. I told him I didn't know and was just taking this course because I didn't know what else to take. He enrolled me in a Pre-Professional program and was told that this would be a good thing to sign up for. When I arrived at the club they were talking about what you do as a Physical Therapist and what the pay was like and the school and I figured out this was the path to go. I had been through physical training programs enough to really know what I was doing. I decided I should be a Physical Therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment