Monday, October 24, 2011

Distractions

While typing this blog I was distracted with fifty million things. First I saw a facebook update, so I jumped on facebook. Next thing I knew an hour had gone by and I was looking up what my bestfriend's ex-girlfriend's boyfriend looks like. Which I really could care less about but it just sucked me in. Next I logged off of facebook and tried to think of an idea to type about. Then I got hungry, so I thought I'd grab something to eat from my snack drawer. I ATE MY WHOLE FREAKING ROOM! I wasn't even that hungry, but I tricked myself subconciously to eat to not have to type this paper. I got back on my lap top and started thinking about what to type about. I got on youtube to get some music playing to think on. I ended up watching the music video, and fifty other music videos that were in related videos. That took another hour away. I'm starting to realize if I don't lock myself in a room and not allow myself to do anything else but work I will let anything distract me. Distractions are the major reason why I don't get my work done. They sometimes stop me from doing very simple assignments like blogs. It was easier in highschool to do the work because I was already in school I thought I might as well finish my work before I went home. Now in college school is my home, I live next door to one of my classes. Now I think I can just do my work when I get home, but that is never the case. There are so many distractions on campus. Going to the ASC there are tons of people talking to you which makes it really hard to get work done. Also, I've found that my girlfriend is the biggest distraction there is. It is too easy to stop working to hang out with her or to watch a movie with her. On the other hand, it helps because she has some of the same classes I do, and if I miss something or she misses something we can always help each other out. Football is another distraction. Not only does practice take up half the day but we also miss fridays due to football games. Even after practice your so tired you just want to lay down and go to sleep promising yourself the homework will get done in the morning, which is never the case. To wrap things up, if you find a good work schedule and cut down distractions school will be much easier and less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment